Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back on the wagon

I was reading the "annual salaries edition" in the Tulsa World this past Sunday and it made me realize that I am pretty fortunate in the salary department. The downside to that is that I have become quite unfortunate in the spending department. Everyone has always told me that the more you make the more you spend and I never really believed that to be the case, but it is-- even though it doesn't need to be! Soooo I am going on a spending purge. No more frivilous purchases. More eating at home. Things of the like... It's not that I want to complete cut out spending, I just don't want to be wasteful. I want to pay of my car and my house and have more in savings-- the usual things. I still plan to travel (this will always be non-negotiable with me), read, those types of things. While scanning through my bank account summary I just can't help but be ashamed. Will I completely fix it? Probably not. But at least I am making an effort and paying attention!




HERE IS MY GOAL! NO BUYING ANY CLOTHES OR SHOES FOR 60 DAYS! Sounds like not a very long time-- well you don't know me very well!

Also, with the exception of going out to eat with my friend Carrie whose husband is in Iraq, no eating out!

I wonder how much this will skim from my spending hmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment